eMental Health International Collaborative Trust (we, us, our) is a New Zealand registered charity and complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website and it is your responsibility to monitor the website for any changes. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
Who do we collect your personal information from
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service (meaning any functionality we make available to you on or through the website, such as through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us, or when you buy or use our services and products
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information to:
- verify your identity
- provide services to you
- market our services to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- improve the services that we provide to you
- invoice and collect payment from you, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- respond to communications from you
- conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- any business that supports our services including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
A business that supports our services may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse including data encryption (served over SSL).
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at email@example.com. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
If you post your personal information on the website’s message board or through our social media accounts, you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.
This policy was last updated on 3 July 2021.